Learn to Write for Your Business
Powerful one-to-one training to help you write material your customers will respond to.
Learn core copywriting & marketing principles to give your business a professional edge.
Build authority & credibility as you discover and connect with your market
Wouldn’t it be great to write strong sales copy & blog posts yourself, instead of having to rely on someone else?
But what if a traditional copywriting course feels like overkill? Maybe you dont want to tear yourself away from your business for another course where you won’t want or need half the things they teach.
Besides, what’s the point when online courses have thousands of students at different stages of progression and you won’t get individual feedback on your copy anyway?
So you focus on teaching yourself.
We’ve all been there. Trying to learn from Youtube and blogs because they’re free and immediate. Making do with just enough knowledge to get by, knowing you’re doing the best you can, hoping one day it will all fit together somehow.
Just wish progress wasn’t so slow.
What if there was a writing course built around your business and your marketing needs?
When I launched, it felt I had a business and not just a blog. I’ve purchased online courses before but the value of this personal mentorship leaves them in the dust.P Rishi, US
Learn while you run your business
Words are how they see you online and whenever you write on your website or social media on behalf of your business, you’re marketing your business.
I coach you in the classroom of your own business.
- No more generic concepts
- No more sharing your private business problems with strangers
- No more wondering if you’re doing it right
Words and marketing go together
Anyone can put words together, but making words work is something else. Learn how to plan and combine your words with a marketing frame of mind to grow your business.
- Discover how to write for all aspects of your business, including sales pages, marketing material, blog posts, and much more!
- Receive focus, accountability, personal direction and feedback on your copy. Have all your questions answered.
- Develop your business without having to reveal private fears, goals, and strategies to strangers.
Your business and psychology go together
There’s the psychology of meeting the customer where they are in the buying process. And then there’s the psychology of the relationship you have with your own business.
As an NLP Master (qualified 2006) I’ve coached hundreds of people with techniques that leave you empowered. I’m fully trained, experienced, and above all, discreet. I’ve helped people overcome serious childhood trauma, breakups, confidence issues, and a range of troubles that affect the way you deal with life and business today.
- Become more confident, focused, and decisive
- Address thought patterns that keep you from moving forward
- Infuse your writing and marketing with your personality
Imagine the boost to your business if you had an experienced coach guiding your hand, helping you present your business the way it looks in your mind. Showing you how to tighten your copy, how to elicit a certain response with your marketing material, how to choose topics that matter to your clients.
In just a few months, you’ll find yourself far more confident and effective in marketing your business in everything you write.
Become fluid at communicating your message for different platforms and audiences.
Write compelling, attention-grabbing copy with a call-to-action at every stage of the buying cycle.
Create meaningful relationships that inspire trust, confidence, and value
I’m Jessica Barnaby, your writing coach
I’m a creative business writer with a hands-on background in tech, marketing, and business operations. I help grow your business with words.
I’ve run my own businesses since 2000 and contracted as Operations Director for three start-ups. Clients include multinationals like Diageo and Relx (previously Reed Elsevier) through to solopreneurs, entrepreneurs, freelancers, and restaurants.
And now I’m here to help you through personal tuition over six months…
- Because you want to get what’s in your head onto paper. You see all these people who need you and you have to be able to reach them.
- Because your business should be working better than it is because you’re doing everything you’re supposed to. There’s too much to learn and you’re losing yourself and the vision you had.
- Because you need to secure an income. You’re so willing to put the work in, but you need it to pay off.
Because in the online world, everything people know about your integrity comes from your words
I first hired Jessica to write my About page and when I started a new business, hired her to coach me with the setup and marketing. She’s taught me an awful lot about copywriting and SEO. She was a sounding board for my ideas and helped me get clear on how to write for my customers with a regular posting schedule. She’s generous with her information and so easy to work with. Thank you, Jessica!D Marks, UK/France
How it works: 6-Month Writing Course
You have one session a week for six months. Sessions take place by phone, Whatsapp, or Zoom.
The program is fully tailored to your needs and the first session is an intake, lasting 2-3 hours where we establish the starting point and identify goals.
Over the course of the program, I teach you essential copywriting and marketing principles, weaving them into the fabric of your business, helping you put the learnings into practice.
You will learn:
- How to identify what your clients want to know from you
- How to speak to clients in a way that resonates with them
- How to structure copy for different formats and platforms
- How to align your voice with your personality, client base, and ambitions
- How to drive traffic to your website
- How to convert visitors into buyers
- How to build relationships with your words
- How to use SEO without losing engagement
- How to protect yourself from limiting beliefs that stop you from writing with authenticity
I provide the clarity and support you need to write for sales, for information, for adverts, brochures, and social media. If you need deeper technical knowledge, we can cover that too.
A 1-Year mentorship is also available.
Having someone on the other end of the phone to answer my questions and put me right makes me feel secure and safe. Jessica’s teaching me to get comfortable in my business.L Ryan, UK
Enjoy full peace of mind
This program lasts 6 months, we have formally arranged weekly phone sessions, and the fee is capped.
Here’s what this means:
- You can contact me as much as you like with questions about the material you are working on, every day if you need to.
- You’ll never be asked to pay more (unless you hire me specifically for something else.)
- This is a writing course, so I won’t be doing the writing for you. But I will be editing alongside you so you learn professional strategies and best practices.
In other words, you’ve got a professional, well-experienced writer with a strong business & marketing background helping you grow your business with every word you write. All for a fixed fee with absolutely zero hidden costs.
This course has been created for business owners who depend on their websites and blogs to be their sales tools and attract clients
- You have a business website or blog that you write yourself
- You are prepared to write every week – this course uses your business as a classroom so if you’re not writing, you’re not learning
- You are prepared for self-study during the week – this means practicing what you are learning. I weave the lessons into what you’re already working on, but there might be times you have to take your own initiative
- You want to grow your business – copywriting and content marketing are bricks and marketing is the wall; consequently, this course has a strong segue into marketing.
- You’re happy to discuss your business with me – to make things work, I need to know what’s been tried and what’s not working. Confidentiality assured.
Start your journey to better writing for your business
Ready to find out more?
Please complete this form with as much information as possible, and I’ll get back to you shortly.